News for the Pike Place Market Community
There's always a lot happening at Pike Place Market. The Market community can read about news and upcoming events happening in and around the neighborhood through the Market Insider, a monthly newsletter published by the Pike Place Market PDA. Each month, read the latest edition here or pick up a copy in a residential building.
- Read the current edition of the Market Insider [PDF]
- Read the 2015 Annual Plan with 2014 Accomplishments
- Updates, news and ways to participate in the process of the new Pike Place MarketFront can be found on the MarketFront page.
Valet Parking on Pike Place for Vendors and Merchants Starting Early September
We have been working on additional parking mitigation solutions and commute assistance options. These options were significantly informed by outstanding advocacy undertaken by the Market Constituency through a series of productive meetings, as well as requests for commute assistance received from individual community members.
The response to the Orca Business Passport program has been tremendous. Many of you have shared how this program, while adding some inconvenience and change of routine, has created significant savings in your daily commute–in some cases, hundreds of dollars a month. However, both the Constituency and conversations we had with individual community members made it clear that enhanced transit access alone was not going to be sufficient to address everyone’s individual business needs.
As such, we are delighted to share a new program offering valet service on Pike Place for vendors and merchants at $15 a day. We have been working with Republic Parking and Luxe, a local valet service company, to make this possible and start offering the service the first week in Sept.
If you have further questions, please contact your Commercial Property Manager or the Market Master.
Low-Cost Annual Orca Pass for Market Employees
The PDA has developed a new program that will provide eligible Market employees the opportunity to purchase low-cost Orca Business Passport transit passes. These annual passes run from August 2015 - July 2016 and are good on Metro, Community Transit, Sound Transit, Kitsap Transit, Everett Transit, Pierce Transit, Sounder Train (with RailPlus), Link Light Rail, the Seattle Streetcar, and the West Seattle and Vashon Water Taxis. While the tranit passes have sold out for this plan year, interested Market employees can be on a waiting list in case current participants leave the program.
Base eligibility requirements for participation:
- Full-time employee (at least 24 hours a week; this can be for multiple employers, as in the case of agents)
- Employed by a business with one to four employees (businesses with five or more employees can currently qualify for Orca Business Passports)
- Business is located in PDA owned or managed property in the Pike Place Market Historic District
- Commit to an annual pass contract with required payments
The monthly permit costs are $27 a month.
For more information and to sign up for the Orca Pass, contact: Art Kuniyuki at the PDA, 206.774.5226.
2015 Daystall Rules and Review
Each year, the PDA conducts a public review process of the Daystall Rules and Regulations, which cover all daystall activities for farmers, craftspeople and performers in the Market. During this time, anyone in the Market community or any member of the public may submit rule change proposals and/or may offer comment on existing rule change proposals. Proposals are reviewed by staff and the PDA Council. Questions about this process: David Dickinson, 206.774.5224.
- 2014-15 Daystall Rules and Regulations
- 2015 Daystall Rules Review Schedule
- 2015 Daystall Rules Review Proposal Packet
- 2015 Daystall Rules Review Initial Staff Recommendations
- 2015 Daystall Rules Review Final Staff Recommendations